How to execute CNC flip part machining like a professional?
Offset the tool
The process of tool offset and work piece offset will directly affect the shape and size of the CNC flip part after machining. Therefore, the operator needs to perform the correct setting and measurement operations during the tool offset.
Steps to offset the tool during CNC milling machine operation:
- Place the tip on the belt, the vise head face or the work piece end face.
- Select the cutting tool that needs offset, for example, knife No. T03.
- Move the Z axis and press on the head face to reach position 0.
- The tool face would be 50mm from the work piece face. The spindle does not rotate. Memorize the Z Machine coordinates.
- Open the tool offset panel and select the offset item, move the pointer to the Geom (H) position.
- Select the position to enter the offset value for CNC flip partlength 3 in row 3.
- Enter the Z Machine value memorized above into the position (Example -236.36)
- Press Input and the machine will then output the tool offset result on the control panel display.
What should be the parameters to consider during the process?
After offset the tool, it is necessary to check the following parameters:
- Move the tool away from the work piece.
- Use MDI mode to check the tool offset coordinates, by running the G command (G54 – G59).
- Move the table and evaluate with the X, Y, Z coordinates on the ABSOLUTE cell.
- Move the X axis to X0, Y0, Z0 and focus on CNC flip part
- If X0, Y0, Z0 match the position of the reference point to be set, and then the operations to set the machining benchmark are correct.
Set the work piece
For CNC milling, the work piece needs to be placed in the fixture on the machine table. The person who performs the work piece fixing also needs to have skills and experience so that it does not collide with the knife when moving. And avoid deflection when machining, ensuring the work piece is not scratched or dented at critical points. Then perform offset work piece as follows to locate X0, Y0.
- Select the edge probe on the tool holder or replace the edge probe on the spindle.
- Let the spindle rotate and command the edge probe.
- Move the X, Y axes so that the edge CNC flip parttouches the position to report X0. Y0. Until the probe no longer inverts. Pay attention to observe that there is no gap between the probe and the edge of the part.
- Open the tool offset panel and select the Work item.
- Select the position to enter the offset value for X, Y at the origin G54 – G59. Enter X+ (-) the radius of the touch head. Then press Measure.
- Check the process of setting the work piece: Compare the X, Y values
in the offset table and the machine's X, Y coordinate values. The X, Y values in the offset table will be equal to the X, Y Machine CNC flip part.
Set of work pieces in CNC milling machine
Set work piece in Y axis
Move the Z axis upwards (+), so that when moving the Y axis, avoid colliding with the part. Select the Y axis to move the cutter to the machining coordinates (G54). Move the Y-axis so that the distance between the work piece on the table and the cutter nearly touching, reduce the travel speed to 0.01 mm. Place a piece of paper between the cutter and the work piece.
Continue moving slowly, at a time when the paper will touch the cutter or CNC flip part the Y axis movement, this is the required axis position value for offset setting. Enter the Y-axis value into the Offset table on the CNC machine control screen.
Y axis work piece compensation setting
Manually move the Z axis down until the tip of the tool is near the Z0 position. Take a piece of paper placed between the cutter and the work piece and hold it. Reduce the travel speed by 0.01 mm until the piece of paper is jammed and cannot be pulled because the cutter has touched the work piece surface. Go to the tool length compensation page in the Offset panel and enter the Z value.
After completing the above procedure, when the program runs in automatic mode, the CNC flip part will start at G00 X0 Y0 operating point.
During machining, the tool may wear out. Then it is necessary to compensate for this wear for the knife.
Position compensation in the Z axis
The position compensation feature only applies to the X, Y axes. Not to the Z axis. In most cases, the Z axis is compensated in another way, called tool length compensation.
Check the coolant and cooling oil
Cooling oil has the effect of reducing heat, tool wear and increasing machine life. Helps the machine to operate for a long time, with high performance, and the quality of finished products meets the technical design. It is necessary to choose the type of coolant suitable for each type of CNC flip part. During machine operation, it is necessary to check the amount of coolant oil.
Download the CNC program
Download the CNC program from the computer to the CNC machine using RS-232 interface, USB memory, or floppy disk. CNC programs are written from CAD/CAM software.
Turn off the machine and check the product
After completing processing, press the exit button to turn off the machine. Then it is necessary to remove the knife from the chuck, clearing the work area. It is necessary to place the CNC flip part or tool in its original position so that it is easy to find it in the next machining. Operators should check and measure product flaws and evaluate quality. To ensure the product is processed with the highest quality and accuracy.
For better cnc machining the role of a reliable company is crucial. We would suggest to you to hire professional cnc machining services for every type of cnc related work. It will save money as well as brand image too.